Introduction to Natural Dyeing: An In-Person Workshop in Wiltshire
6 hour 'Introduction to Natural Dyeing' workshop, 10am-4pm, Mere, Wiltshire.
- The workshop includes 6 hours of guided tuition, which includes all the necessary materials and equipment including aprons and gloves.
- You will be given your own clear workshop handouts to take away with you.
- Teas, coffee and biscuits will be available all day. Please bring a pack lunch with you.
What to expect
- The workshop will teach you the basic principles and practice of natural dyeing using traditional, kitchen and foraged dye-stuffs. There will also be an introduction to indigo and over dyeing.
- Spaces are limited to ensure you receive as much guidance as you need and all learning is supported with a clear handout of notes which are yours to take home.
- This workshop is suitable for complete beginners and those that have a little experience who would like some more practical guidance.
- Natural dyeing starter kits will be available for you to purchase at the end of the workshop for £35. These include all the ingredients you'll need to start dyeing at home.
For a detailed run down of what's covered throughout the day CLICK HERE.
ABOUT YOUR TUTOR
Claudia is a natural dyer and retired teacher who has been professionally dyeing yarns for Elka Textiles for several years. She has a keen interest in the science of natural dyeing, as well as delighting in the colours that emerge from the dye pot.
PARKING & ARRIVAL
Pettridge Lane, Mere, Wiltshire
There is ample private parking. An email will be sent out one week before the workshop confirming all the details and the exact address.
Share this Product
More from this collection
What a wonderful day. I really enjoyed all aspects of the day and now feel I understand the processes involved. Claudia explained everything clearly and in detail. Being able to get fully involved in a practical way and follow the whole process through was amazing. I am now looking round my garden & wondering what is out there to have a go with.....I have plenty of fluff to play with! I would highly recommend this course to anyone who has an interest in this fascinating subject.
Thank you Claudia for an amazing, informative day. You explained everything so clearly to us and it was so exciting to see what emerged from our saucepans and then to dip an assortment of different items into our dyes - wow! It was great to bring home a sample of each of our colours as well as clear information to guide us when we venture into natural dyeing. I enjoyed meeting the other ‘dyers’ too and hearing about why they had chosen to attend this course. I highly recommend this course
I really enjoyed this workshop. The day went far too quickly. It was such a relaxed and fun atmosphere right from the start with a mix of practical, chat, handouts as reminders once home and loads of inspiration. Claudia was an excellent teacher and I have come home determined to give it a go as she has given me the confidence to do so. Thank you so much😊
Really informative, relaxed and very professional workshop.
I learned so much from the very passionate Claudia... there’s chances to ask so many questions and she gently guides you through the process. Can’t wait to get going on my own now...
Fabulous day learning natural dying. Claudia was an excellent teacher.