Private Weaving Tuition
PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE A SESSION BEFORE CONTACTING US TO CONFIRM A DATE AND TIME.
Please let us know of any special needs prior to booking so as we can discuss all possible options with you.
WHAT TO BRING
We will provide hot drinks and biscuits all day but please do bring a pack lunch with you if you are coming for a six hour session.
You will be provided with all the materials you need for the workshop, however if you have any materials at home that you would like to experiment with then please feel free to bring them along.
PARKING & ARRIVAL
Elka is registered on Google Maps. We strongly suggest using this method to find the studio as the postcode often takes you elsewhere!
Elka studio, Granary Loft 3, Upper Slackstead Farm, Slackstead, SO51 0QL
There is plenty of parking for the studio, but bear in mind that we need to fit up to eight vehicles at a time in the carpark, so please be conscious of this when parking.
From Romsey, take the Braishfield Road, and on entering Braishfield, turn right before the primary school into Common Hill Road, and continue onto Dores Lane. Turn left where signposted for Upper Slackstead, and take the second turning on your right into Upper Slackstead Farm. Drive down the track and the studio is the building directly in front of you.
From Winchester, take the A3090 towards Romsey, turn right where signposted to Upper Slackstead, and proceed as above.
Please arrive a few minutes early to ensure you have time to grab a cuppa and settle in before the workshop begins.
We look forward to meeting you soon but if you have any questions beforehand, please feel free to contact us.
ABOUT YOUR TUTOR
Ellie Fisher is a textile designer with a foundation in textiles from Winchester School of Art and a BA and MA from Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design.
With over 15 years of weaving experience she is passionate about sharing her love of textiles.
Workshop cancellations by you
Our workshops are priced as fairly as possible. We therefore have to have a clear cancellation policy to ensure that we cover our costs and the on going viability of the workshop.
Please check your diary carefully to ensure that you are available to attend any workshops you are booking with us.
All our workshops are strictly non-refundable in all circumstances.
If you give more than 14 days notice to cancel a place on a workshop your options are as follows:
- We will be happy to transfer you to another workshop, space permitting.
- If there are no suitable future dates for you to transfer to we can provide a voucher to be used for a future workshop booking, this will be valid for one year from the date of issue.
- You can of course send someone in your place at any time, but please note that this is your responsibility to find a replacement person and you must let us know in advance who will be attending.
If you give less than 14 days notice to cancel a place on a workshop then your options are as follows:
- If you have COVID19 or are displaying symptoms of COVID19, you will be given a voucher to be used for a future workshop which will be valid for one year from the date of issue.
- If you would like to transfer, we can only transfer you to a future workshop if your place is re-sold.
- If you would like to transfer and the place is not re-sold, we can add you to a last minute availability waiting list for future dates of the workshop. If there are still unsold places on the workshop with 24-48 hours until the workshop is due to take place, we will offer you a place at no additional charge. Please note this option is not a guarantee of a space.
We will do our best to fill the place within this time. Please be aware that in our experience it can be difficult to fill places on workshops at short notice.
Multiple class sessions
Some of our workshops take place over several sessions. If you miss a session unfortunately we cannot offer a make up session. If you require further tuition to complete your project you may be able to book 1:1 lessons depending on the project and tuition required.
Workshop cancellations by us
In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a workshop you will be given at least 24 hours notice and offered a transfer to another date, voucher to be used at another time or in our store, or a full refund. We will not be held liable for any other costs or expenses that you may incur in the event of cancellation by us.