Introduction to Inkle Loom Weaving Workshop, Salisbury
A day long inkle weaving workshop for beginners between 10am - 4pm in the beautiful setting of Fisherton Mill in Salisbury.
The course price includes 6 hours of guided tuition, use of the looms and all materials including yarns and fibres
You will be given your own clear workshop handouts to take away with you.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The workshop will teach you the basic principles and terminology of weaving on an inkle loom, and you will create a small woven piece using a frame loom.
Spaces are limited to ensure so you receive as much guidance as you need.
This workshop is suitable for complete beginners and those that have a little experience and would like a refresher.
You will have the opportunity to buy a loom at the the end of the workshop.
WHAT TO BRING
Fisherton Mill have a wonderful cafe where you can purchase your lunch, cakes and drinks, however if you'd prefer to bring a pack lunch, please feel free to do so.
PARKING & ARRIVAL
Please arrive in good time to ensure you have time to park before the workshop begins.
There is no parking for Fisherton Mill but you can find full details on where to park and how to get there on the Fishertom Mill website, link below:
The workshop will take place in the gallery upstairs.
I like to start promptly as there is quite a lot to go through, but if you do find you are running late, please don't worry, once i've got everyone started off i'll be able to get you up to speed with the rest of the group fairly quickly.
I look forward to meeting you soon but if you have any questions beforehand, please feel free to contact me.
ABOUT YOUR TUTOR
Ellie Fisher is a textile designer with a foundation in textiles from Winchester School of Art and a BA and MA from Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design.
With over 20 years of weaving experience she is passionate about sharing her love of textiles.
Workshop cancellations by you
Our workshops are priced as fairly as possible. We therefore have to have a clear cancellation policy to ensure that we cover our costs and the on going viability of the workshop.
Please check your diary carefully to ensure that you are available to attend any workshops you are booking with us.
All our workshops are strictly non-refundable in all circumstances.
If you give more than 14 days notice to cancel a place on a workshop your options are as follows:
- We will be happy to transfer you to another workshop, space permitting.
- If there are no suitable future dates for you to transfer to we can provide a voucher to be used for a future workshop booking, this will be valid for one year from the date of issue.
- You can of course send someone in your place at any time, but please note that this is your responsibility to find a replacement person and you must let us know in advance who will be attending.
If you give less than 14 days notice to cancel a place on a workshop then your options are as follows:
- If you would like to transfer, we can only transfer you to a future workshop if your place is re-sold.
- If you would like to transfer and the place is not re-sold, we can add you to a last minute availability waiting list for future dates of the workshop. If there are still unsold places on the workshop with 24-48 hours until the workshop is due to take place, we will offer you a place at no additional charge. Please note this option is not a guarantee of a space.
We will do our best to fill the place within this time. Please be aware that in our experience it can be difficult to fill places on workshops at short notice.
Multiple class sessions
Some of our workshops take place over several sessions. If you miss a session unfortunately we cannot offer a make up session. If you require further tuition to complete your project you may be able to book 1:1 lessons depending on the project and tuition required.
Workshop cancellations by us
In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a workshop you will be given at least 24 hours notice and offered a transfer to another date, voucher to be used at another time or in our store, or a full refund. We will not be held liable for any other costs or expenses that you may incur in the event of cancellation by us.