6 Hour Table Weaving Taster Day at Crispin Hall, Street, Somerset: Sat 26th September 2020
The course price includes 6 hours of guided tuition, use of the looms and all materials including yarns and a selection of fibres including organic cotton, bamboo, flax and hemp.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This workshop is suitable for complete beginners.
Designed for people that are curious about learning to weave on a table loom, it will teach you the basic principles and terminology of weaving and you will weave on on a four shaft Louët 'Erica' table loom that has been set up for you.
Spaces are limited to ensure you receive as much guidance as you need.
You will have the opportunity to buy your loom and other pieces of equipment at the the end of the workshop if you wish to do so, for which you will be given a 10% discount.
WHAT TO BRING
I will provide hot drinks and biscuits all day but please do bring a pack lunch with you.
You will be provided with all the materials you will need for the workshop however if you have any material at home that you would like to experiment with then please feel free to bring them along.
PARKING & ARRIVAL
Crispin Hall, 83 High Street, Street, Somerset, BA16 0EZ
Please arrive a few minutes early to ensure you have time to park and to grab a cuppa before the workshop begins.
I look forward to meeting you soon but if you have any questions beforehand, please feel free to contact me.
ABOUT YOUR TUTOR
Ellie Fisher is a textile designer with a foundation in textiles from Winchester School of Art and a BA and MA from Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design.
With over 15 years of weaving experience she is passionate about sharing her love of textiles.
Workshop cancellations by you
Our workshops are priced as fairly as possible. We therefore have to have a clear cancellation policy to ensure that we cover our costs and the on going viability of the workshop.
Please check your diary carefully to ensure that you are available to attend any workshops you are booking with us.
All our workshops are strictly non-refundable in all circumstances.
If you give more than 14 days notice to cancel a place on a workshop your options are as follows:
- We will be happy to transfer you to another workshop, space permitting.
- If there are no suitable future dates for you to transfer to we can provide a voucher to be used for a future workshop booking, this will be valid for one year from the date of issue.
- You can of course send someone in your place at any time, but please note that this is your responsibility to find a replacement person and you must let us know in advance who will be attending.
If you give less than 14 days notice to cancel a place on a workshop then your options are as follows:
- If you would like to transfer, we can only transfer you to a future workshop if your place is re-sold.
- If you would like to transfer and the place is not re-sold, we can add you to a last minute availability waiting list for future dates of the workshop. If there are still unsold places on the workshop with 24-48 hours until the workshop is due to take place, we will offer you a place at no additional charge. Please note this option is not a guarantee of a space.
We will do our best to fill the place within this time. Please be aware that in our experience it can be difficult to fill places on workshops at short notice.
Multiple class sessions
Some of our workshops take place over several sessions. If you miss a session unfortunately we cannot offer a make up session. If you require further tuition to complete your project you may be able to book 1:1 lessons depending on the project and tuition required.
Workshop cancellations by us
In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a workshop you will be given at least 24 hours notice and offered a transfer to another date, voucher to be used at another time or in our store, or a full refund. We will not be held liable for any other costs or expenses that you may incur in the event of cancellation by us.