An Introduction to Frame Loom Weaving — A Beginners Guide: A self-paced, online course
Discover the world of frame loom weaving.
This self-paced, online course on frame loom weaving will give you all the information and knowledge you need to get set up and weaving, using some basic techniques — all from the comfort of your own home.
The course is available on its own or with a weaving starter kit.
Choose from nine different colour ways, and a small or medium sized frame loom.
Please note: The medium looms are flat packed and come with clear instructions for quick and easy assembly.
- Small loom: 25cm x 38cm with a weaving area of 19.5cm x 34cm approx, or Medium loom: W 38cm x H 45cm with a weaving area of W 26.5cm x H 39cm
- Heddle bar
- Pick up stick (with small loom
- x2 shuttles
- Wooden needle
- Vintage silver fork (beater)
- Bent tapestry needle
- x1 Warp yarn, 50g
- x3 Hoooked 'Soft Cotton DK' recycled cotton, 50g each
- x3 Hoooked 'Eco Barbante' recycled cotton, 50g each
- x2 Hoooked 'Spesso' chunky recycled cotton, 50g each
- x3 Plant roving, 25g each
Please note: The pictured images are to give you an idea of the colour ways, these may vary slightly depending on the colours we have in stock and different dye batches.
So what are you getting?
- 14 different sections, presented in easy-to-follow videos, supported by downloadable PDFs.
- Each section is delivered in logical steps under clear headings, covering everything you need to know, including sourcing materials and setting up the loom, four different weaving techniques, finishing, and weaving on a budget.
- A tutor with 16 years of weaving experience who is passionate about sharing her love of textiles.
- Lifetime access to the course and all future updates.
For a full breakdown of what's covered and commonly asked Q&A's, CLICK HERE.
Once you have purchased the course, your access enrolment details, and invitation to our Facebook dyeing and weaving community, will be sent to the email you provide at the checkout within 24 hours.
We're so excited to be building this creative community and can't wait to see your experiments!
For a full breakdown of what's covered, and the answers to some commonly asked questions, click HERE.
Share this Product
More from this collection
I have really enjoyed this course, having postponed trying to learn weaving for several years. I am not sure where it will take me but it is an itch I needed to scratch and this is an easy and affordable way to do it.
This course has been sovuseful in learning the basics of frame loom weaving so much so that I'm going to purchase the comprehensive guide on payday
I'm very pleased with this course and kit so far. Although I had a little wait for the kit as Ellie was away I could access the lessons straight away. So far the lessons are very clear and I particularly like the fact that pdfs accompany the videos.
The kit itself is beautiful with a nice little selection of yarns to get you going. The loom looks to be well made, although I haven't had time to practise weaving on it yet. I love the inclusion of a vintage fork as a beater. As a very lazy crafter I would have appreciated the inclusion of the suggested cardboard guide, but this is so minor a quibble as to not be a quibble.
All in all I'm pleased with my purchase and look forward to actually starting some weaving soon.
Great product and fantastic beginners guide to weaving. Ellie gives really clear instruction and even if you are on a budget you can do all sorts of things which she explains ion great detail.
I am very happy with my purchase from Elka Textiles. The service is friendly and I received my parcel in two days which is excellent. I will define be a regular customer.