Louët Megado Floor Loom
For the weaver who wants to explore complex weaving, production weaving or simply enjoy the Cadillac of weaving looms.
This innovative dobby loom is the flagship of the Louet family and our top-end dobby loom. The ease of complex weaving often comes as a surprise to even the most experienced weaver!
The Megado is simple, easy to operate, and robust enough to handle all your projects. One long treadle is simpler and gives a tremendous mechanical advantage that allows a weaver to lift as many as 30 harnesses with ease. No other multi-harness loom treadles as light and creates as large a shed, even with a very high tension on the warp.
The electronic Dobby uses wi-fi to connect with a tablet, smart phone or computer. Operating software resides on the built-in computer to simplify weaving. Design on your own software, save the wif file on a flash drive and load it onto the dobby.
Several software packages that work with the Megado interface include: Fiberworks PCW, Patternland, PixieLoom, Weavemaker, Proweave and Weave It. The Megado interface supports both PC and MacIntosh operating platforms. It’s a revolutionary system!
- Megado comes with heddles pre-installed – 100 heddles on each of harnesses 1 & 2 and 50 heddles on every other harness. Total heddles is 900 for 16 harness loom and 1700 for 32 harness looms.
- Made of Ash hardwood and is finished with a double coat of semi-gloss lacquer
- The most complex castle section is pre-assembled
- A countermarch shed
- Connects via wi-fi to a tablet, smart phone or computer
- The lifting mechanism is incredibly light to operate, even when lifting most of the shafts
- Supports both PC and Mac operation systems
- The main treadle and also the optional weaving bench are adjustable in height to accommodate the weaver’s physical requirements.
- The Louet floating breast beam, a unique warp tension control system, which allows the weaver to set and check the warp tension each time the warp is advanced
- Available in 27 5/8″ (70cm), 43 1/3″ (110cm) and 51 1/4″ (130cm) weaving widths.
- 16 harnesses (900 heddles) or 32 harnesses (1700 heddles) (pre-installed)
- Electronic or mechanical dobby
- A large shelf
- Built-in raddle
- A stainless-steel reed 40-10 (metric)
- Texsolv heddles (392 mm)
- Lease and tie-up sticks
- Sixteen warp sticks
Megado 70: 47 5/8″ x 50″ x 51 5/8″ (121 x 127 x 131 cm)
Megado 110: 63 3/8″ x 50″ x 51 5/8″ (161 x 127 x 131 cm)
Megado 130: 71 1/4″ x 50″ x 51 5/8″ (181 x 127 x 131 cm)
Megado 70: 152 lb (69 kg)
Megado 110: 185lb (84 kg)
Megado 130: 203 lb (92 kg)
Add 29 lb (13 kg) for 32 harness loom
TO ORDER THIS LOOM, PLEASE CONTACT US HERE. YOU WILL BE SENT AN INVOICE FOR A NON REFUNDABLE 10% DEPOSIT, OR, IF YOU PREFER, THE FULL AMOUNT. ONCE PAID, YOUR LOOM WILL BE ORDERED AND DELIVERED TO YOU DIRECTLY FROM LOUËT.
PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT KEEP THESE LOOMS IN STOCK. THEY ARE MADE TO ORDER AND IT CAN TAKE UP TO TWELVE WEEKS FOR YOUR LOOM TO BE MADE. IF YOU NEED IT QUICKER THAN THIS PLEASE CONTACT US BEFORE PURCHASE TO GET AN ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIME.
LOUËT WILL DELIVER YOUR LOOM TO THE CURB SIDE SO YOU WILL NEED TO ENSURE YOU ARE IN TO SIGN FOR THE DELIVERY, AND HAVE ADEQUATE HELP TO CARRY YOUR LOOM INTO IT'S NEW HOME.